Krum became a small business town in 1866, when L.L. Finley sold off 200 acres of his land to build a town site. Today, Krum is home to more than 350 businesses.
A self-proclaimed resort community, Lake Dallas has roots back to 1852. Its first residents had access to timber, water and farmland. The community went through many name changes until 1926, when it was officially named Lake Dallas. The city was incorporated in 1965.
Denton County is dotted with many burial plots that tell the history of the area, including the Old Alton Cemetery on Teasley Lane in far west Denton. Rebecca Daugherty, a member of one of the earliest pioneer families, was buried there after her death in 1852. The cemetery lies on what was …
Denton County is built by entrepreneurs, inventors, risk takers and job creators. Their economic vitality relies on the relatively low cost of doing business locally and partnering together.
- NCTC landscaping students are cultivating their careers
- Denton Animal Support Foundation: Serving as an ally to animals and rescuers
- On the Scene: Habitat for Humanity of Denton County
- Two Denton stores celebrate the allure of the past in both antiques and vintage clothing
- Home pricing know-how: Ways to find out how much a home is really worth
- Mortgaging with confidence: ‘Clients should know their own budget,’ local expert says
- Holy Pupusas: Salvadoran food brings communities together
- Leah Johnson’s jewelry creations are ‘classic pieces that are timeless.’
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.